5G Modular Solution
The coming of 5G wireless has carriers scrambling to deploy new capacity closer to users
the development of the 5G Modular Solution, 5G isn’t currently available to the public in the EMEA but soon will be. The infrastructure is currently being put in place and 5G is expected to roll out across the Ireland and the rest of the world by 2020.
The future 5G solution has specifications that outperform our current 4G mobile network in several ways.
Huge improvements in capacity for device density, transfer speeds and reducing latency, along with a 90% reduction in power consumption, are just some of the ambitions for 5G.
5G isn’t currently available to the public in the UK but soon will be. The infrastructure is currently being put in place and 5G is expected to roll out across the Ireland and the rest of the world by 2020.
Key benefits of upgrading to a 5G network are:
- Increased speeds and capacity: While audiences streaming video content on mobile devices continue to rise, demonstrated by a 233% increase in mobile video views between 2013 and 2016, the user experience is less than ideal due to issues such as buffering. This is partly due to 4G’s low download speed of 12-15Mbit/s and the lack of bandwidth 4G is capable of handling. With 5G, speeds in excess of 1Gb/s (potentially up to 10Gb/s), are possible and its increased capacity means downloading and uploading 4K and 3D video will be far easier.
- Lower Latency: The time between clicking a link on a website and the new webpage loading is an example of latency, the lower this is the better. With current 4G response times, the delay between a request being made and the action being performed, is around 50 milliseconds which is far from ideal. 5G will usher in response times as low as 1 millisecond giving you a broadband-like experience on your mobile.
- Improved user experience: With much faster download and upload speeds and lower latency the overall mobile user experience will vastly improve. Currently there is a noticeable difference between your experience when connected to Wi-Fi and a mobile network, 5G will change this giving a near-consistent experience across both.
Cool Stuff from 5G
- Imagine playing a co-op shooter like Fortnite Battle Royale or PUB-G on a VR headset… in real-time, with zero lag… all through your phone, while travelling in a fleet of self-driving cars going 200 miles an hour. Sit tight, because the future of gaming, and everything else, is about to change forever.
- That might be one of the biggest breakthroughs in 5G: a network of self driving cars – all sending data between each other, and communicating with traffic lights, road sensors, aerial drones, and so on. Think about it, human reaction speed is 200 milliseconds, and we still have accidents every day. Imagine if your car could react, and communicate its reaction to hundreds of cars around it, all within a millisecond. Not only could we end car accidents, hell, we could end traffic altogether. Hundreds of self-driving cars, going lightning fast to your destination, with no risk that they’ll hit each other, because they all know exactly where they are in real-time, reacting to the actual world around them. Autonomous or remotely controlled trains, delivery trucks, even airplanes could be on the horizon in the near future.
Contact Sea Box Energy today for bespoke 5G Modular Solution advice on +353 214 524797 or fill out the contact form below.